Thursday, February 21, 2008

Student of the Month


This is spotlight time for A.



We received a letter in the mail inviting us to a reception on Wednesday to help honor A- as a Student of the Month for her school. (The students didn't know until their names were announced and they were told to go to the gym.) S managed to rearrange his schedule so he could be there with us, and it was sooo cute to watch my little girl come into the room (after she was waylaid at the door, holding it open for about 20 kids). She was supposed to find the chair with her name on it, and she looked so shy, walking slowly and scanning the names for hers. Of course, she was at the Kindergarten end, farthest from the door, and was suprised to see us there too. She wouldn't smile for very many of the pictures. Anyway. The principal had little certificates for the kids with five adjectives on them, written by the teachers. He announced each child's name and then read their adjectives.



A's are: Polite.... Happy... Positive... Considerate... Wise


(I find these interesting for a five year old--and now I can see the image she projects when I'm not around. Hmm...)


Watching A being honored for doing something good was so sweet. I still find it crazy that my little girl is in school, but she is doing so well and learning so much. g


Way to go A!! We're proud of you!!


ps. This is what little brother thought of sitting through all the other kids commentaries....

6 comments:

Katrina said...

i always knew i had the best nieces and nephews! way to go!

Holly said...

I knew A was happy and positive from our first music class! Way to go, girl!

Jessie said...

Wow what an achievement for A. She is adorable. Love the picture of C as well. Too cute.

Allison said...

I think Alice has always had those attributes.

YAY for A.

Shelby said...

She is too cute! I love her expressions. She is a sweet little girl. (Not so little as when I first met her, though)!

Jen said...

Way to go A! It is so rewarding to hear people say such great things about your kids. She is darling and i'm sure she learned many of those qualities from her sweet mom! Tell A way to go!!