Sunday, February 17, 2008

Friday Movie

Later edition....

subject: Lesser Known (possibly rising) Men Who Are Fun To Watch

I have a few here. The first is Gerard Butler, who many of you may have seen in P.S. I Love You. Lovely film. However, I fell in love with Gerard when he played Atilla (how romantic, eh?) and then I enjoyed Timeline, (although the book is 10,000 times better than the movie) and I've been wanting to watch Dear Frankie and Reign of Fire (might have too much man-power to ignore--might be lame). He is also the Phantom of the Opera in the movie version. A man of many talents...not to mention a fabulous Scottish accent.

Second is Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who I enjoyed in P.S. I Love You, and I look forward to seeing in the Accidental Husband. (This show also has Colin Firth in it, definitely a MUST see.) Don't know much else about the guy, except he's been on alot of t.v. shows.

Third is someone who should have been given his own post, but who is so quiet, that I forget about him sometimes. Yes, I'm talking about Matt Damon. He doesn't seem to be in too many romantic "chick flicks" but his Bourne movies were great. Very different from his role in the Ocean's movies. He seems like a nice guy you'd want to talk with. (And his voice makes watching Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron bearable-since my kids love it!)

Nicholas Cage is one that I didn't like at first, but he sorta grew on me. He can play romantic or tough guy. John Cusak is fabulous, and Tom Hanks, and I've got to stop before I name every man on film today.

There are more to talk about...but I want to hear who you like that might be off the beaten path, so to speak...or one that you just adore.

Next week is the "retro"-men talk....be thinking about those "oldies"

5 comments:

kristib said...

I've loved John Cusack since the 80's. Better off Dead...Say Anything. He's great.

Matt Damon. Yeah. Like him. A lot.

How about Billy Zane? Definite eye candy. Memphis Belle, some superhero one that I never saw, a lot of movies I've never heard of.

I also like Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor). He reminds me of a young Tommy Lee Jones, whom I also like.

I could go on...

Holly said...

I have to say my latest is James Marsden of 27 Dresses, Enchanted (although he came off as a complete buffoon there), and Hairspray. I thought he was mildly interesting in the first two, but in 27 dresses he made my heart start beating.
His smile is the best.

Katrina said...

i'll agree with holly on james marsden. i've realized he's often the "other man" i havent seen any of the 3 she listed, but i love him in the notebook, and the x-men flicks. however, my man is mark ruffalo. he's so cute, yet not super big. mostly i just love him in 13 going on 30 and just like heaven.

~jen said...

ooh, James Marsden almost made this list-I'm curious to see him in some more stuff. And I do like Mark Ruffalo! Billy Zane haven't heard of...but my research says that in The Phantom he is sporting ALL his own muscles! (Hmm...) Josh Hartnet is like a young Tommy... I've got a few more movies to (re)see now... ;)

Heather said...

Okay, I'm old--but I have to say John Travolta (first moviestar crush--and I still love him) Pierce Brosnan--and who ever the new hunky bond is. Didn't like him at first, but loved the movie. James Marsden is a cutie too. But I seriously have loved Patrick Dempsey ( Can't Buy Me Love) and Val Kilmer (IceMan!!, can you say Volleyball) since my High School days! Channeling my inner teenager (or just too much HSM with Zoe)-- I think Zac Efron is a doll. Some that aren't the best to just look at, but have personality--Hugh Grant (Notting Hill) and Richard Gere (Runaway Bride). Some real oldies--Sean Connery and Cary Grant and young Kurt Russell!

Wow--I do have a life and an adorable husband. I thought of more than I thought I would :)