Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tagged-Six Items of Interest

Where's my immunity charm to being tagged? ...I'm sorry, you can't tag me, I have a shrunken head and a banana peel, so the tag slips by and hits someone else! I guess that doesn't work, does it?

I guess I'm dragging my feet because I can't come up with six interesting things about myself. Pathetic, eh? Well, we'll just see how it goes...

  1. I've never been out of the lower 48 United States. Yeah, this is slightly embarrassing. I've spent my entire life in one country. Never mind that I've been from end to end and top to bottom and many places in between. I've been to the Pacific Ocean, and the Atlantic. In one week I traveled from Mesa, Arizona to Tacoma, Washington. Only miles from the north and south borders, but I never crossed them. Now, this wouldn't be so bad, except I own a passport. (Please, subdue your laughter) A moment of passion and "what if.." inspired by While You Were Sleeping.... So call me Lucy! I still need a stamp. (and a new picture, it's worse than the driver's license!!)
  2. I once ran a mile in.....(drum roll please)...... under six minutes. I know, shocker. 'Bout keeled me over when I found out too. Of course, I'd just finished running it and was exhausted. Anyway. This was back in my "Glory Days" of high school track, my junior year. I believe that was my best year ever, and I trained for the 400m relay. (I ran 300m hurdles and mile-okay 1600m technically- to keep things interesting.) Anyway. I made it to the State track meet and wanted to run the mile in under six minutes. I did. 5:56 and some odd hundredths. I finished fifth. I've never run that fast since! I'm not as good as I once was...
  3. I was 26 when I got my ears pierced. Seriously. Mom didn't go for that sort of thing when we were at home. She said we could decide when we were grown. I'm still not completely sure what the big deal was.... but none of us (4) girls ever even tried to pierce our ears when we lived under her roof. I was on a date with my husband and we just decided to stop at a little shop in the mall and put me under the gun. (although, I still had to run out to the car to get my ID to prove that I was over 18!!!-or did I have S fill in as my "guardian" to give consent?) I'm still waiting for my 2 carat diamond (zirconium?) stud earrings--a motivational factor in my decision. Ah, yes, vanity...
  4. I am addicted to fabric. There's just no pretty way to say it. I'm a fabricoholic. I love buying fabric! I can resist clothes (for the most part) but not four yards of corduroy marked 50% off! I have an incredible stockpile (S can attest to that-after moving it across the country-again!) and I love to imagine what I'll make with each piece. I also collect patterns--for 99cents I can dream an entire wardrobe each season. This wouldn't be so bad, but I rarely make clothes for myself. (I tend to forget to "fit" the pattern correctly) I have made dresses for A which are darling, and I get in the occasional baby blanket (flannel rag are my fav. at the moment) and purse. I think I've got 20 baby blankets in queue and at least that many purses. I just don't have enough time for all the projects that I want to do.
  5. Okay...(deep breath)...IreallylikethesongFatBottomGirlsbyQueen. Yeah, it's not exactly the most uplifting song, but it always makes me smile and want to sing along. Perhaps because *ahem* I am curvaceous in the behind myself. There, my secret is out.
  6. I don't really know what color my eyes are. Yeah, not so funny. I usually say they're green. But they change between blue, grey and green, mostly in reflection to what I'm wearing or what mood I'm in. They're not really one color...chameleon eyes. Perhaps this is why I find myself drawn to deep, dark, chocolate brown eyes. (yes, S has this type of eyes...and I love brown eyes with blond hair!)
  7. just because #6 was sorta lame... you get a bonus! I analyze people's walking. I don't really mean to do it, but after being trained as a massage therapist, I notice how people walk and am critical about what they're doing wrong. This also goes for how people stand. We're sloppily postured as a society. It drive me nuts, esp. since I've forgotten how to "fix" the problems. We all need a good "rolfing" or structural integration session--or like 10 of them! Go find a therapist today!!

Okay. My shrunken head and banana peel talisman are now in effect. I know that Kami, Kristi, and probably Lindsay still need to do this. I think just about everyone else that I know who blogs has already done this. Good Luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!! this is my first tag! give me a day or two. i'm so boring these days, i'm sure i need the extra time.

ps...i have a GREAT massage therapist and chiropractor to boot...although i find i much prefer a DO these days.

Anonymous said...

er...that's a doctor of osteopathy....D.O.

Allison said...

So you came up with really random and interesting things! I am having a hard time, I already knew I was a boring person, but now I am just being reminded.