
So. Today was the first Parent-Teacher conference for myself and A. (I'll admit, I was a little nervous.) Everything went very well. She's a good student, and enjoys learning. The interesting part came when her teacher looked at her (we were both sitting next to each other, and across the table from Ms. W.) and then said,
"She sure looks like her daddy."
This threw me for a loop. (and S has been to the school to see her teacher, and picks A up sometimes, so she knows what he looks like.) Usually people comment that we have "twins"--a twin of me, and a twin of S. I usually smile....and don't go into the details of S being the odd colored kid in his family and me being the odd one in mine. (His siblings are all blonde, he's brown; mine are mostly brown and I'm fair-er...my denial is subject for another post.) Anyway. There's a first every day, even when you think you've heard it all.
3 comments:
adorable picture! does the teacher wear glasses? maybe she should.
hmmm....she looks just like a little jennifer to me. that is a great picture of daddy and daughter. definitely frame worthy.
that is the coolest picture. I can't believe how grown up A looks. You are quite the photographer!
Post a Comment