Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Yahtzee Champ

So. S and I have passed many a moment (frequently when driving, er, traveling) transfixed by our electronic hand held yahtzee game. S is the hands down, consistent champion. He once had a game that scored 623. No kidding. If I hadn't witnessed the game, I wouldn't have believed it. The digital dots were spot on for him. I even made him a t-shirt to commemorate the occasion. You have to understand, I rarely get "yahtzee" (all five dice displaying the same number of dots, in three or less rolls, for those of y'all not up to speed). A good game scores around 250, sometimes I don't even break 200.


Everything changed last week.


I had the game of all games, and even woke Scott from his afternoon nap (recovering sickie) so he could groggily witness my triumph. (I was trying to engage in quiet activity whilst everyone slept.) I could go into detail, but it would only make sense if you already play the game. I scored yahtzee not once, but four times, my friends. Yes, FOUR times!! with a bonus of 100 per extra time....that adds up!


Final score: 648


I think I have to retire now...
...or at least make a new t-shirt.

1 comment:

~jen said...

the last roll was for my "fives"--I didn't even need them for my bonus on top. Incredible. (this is what I gave up my jukebox for, K!) =)