Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!!

...so it's been nice this year to stay home and not travel. This is the second year of seven that we've done that. The only problem is that we're getting cabin fever being around each other so much!! We need a break!

Christmas morning was so nice. We opened gifts and played all morning, afternoon and evening. Very calm and relaxed and fun. When C got a gift that wasn't a toy (ie. pajamas, socks, pants...) he would just dump it on the floor and look for a toy. (I think next year he only gets underoos!!) A declared that everything was just she wanted. I didn't even come close to finishing all the projects I wanted, but I managed to get bathrobes done, and A's Christmas dress and C's Christmas tie. Her dress turned out so cute, I made a tie for C from the same fabric. They were adorable! Maybe if I start now, I can get the rest done for next year....

Christmas Eve we went sledding in the mountains with some families from church who have been going for 12 years. I don't think I've ever had more fun in the snow. The hill was gentle enough that A and C could go down by themselves, and the other boys (all bigger) would watch out for them and help carry sleds (and occasionally A) back up the hill. Running into trees was the most problematic. A insisted on trying out every sled until she found the fastest one. Then she had a hard time going down on anything else. C suprised me by being willing to go down solo, and even face first once! Perhaps I have a Skeleton Racer in the making. (A is the thrill seeker, wanting to go higher and faster; C doesn't like to go so high, or so fast). We made a frantic run that morning to get snow pants and boots for them, and it paid off. They were warm and toasty and played in the snow for hours. I'll have to figure out how to upload pics on the new computer to share. My favorite was when C would lay down in the sled and let S haul him back up. He just fit, and would stare at the tall pines and white sky as he was pulled along. So much fun. They were exhausted for bed that night. Perfect.

Well, that's the tast of what we've been up to. Just taking it easy.

I'm still working on the picture for Christmas Cards...so if you haven't sent your address to me, you still have a chance.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like my kind of Christmas, nice and relaxing with some snow to make it white (and to warrant a fire in the fireplace!) Thanks for the email. I really needed it. You are Awesome!

Anonymous said...

there's nothing that makes me happier than to see another child perform an act of kindness for one of my own....other than the reverse. sounds like you guys made some lasting memories.

happy new year, chicka!!