Wednesday, May 6, 2009

just a taste

oh, no...no more baking at the moment.

Just a little house teaser....




this is the view of the fireplace. (before) (See what I mean by such a 70s house? I promise that I had that exact same fireplace "rock" at my house growing up!) The entire room was also covered in wood panneling - but not this pretty (and heavy-duty) type. I'm talking about the typical pannels. They're so ugly that I decided to spare your eyes and not photo them. There were even white ones in the dining room. And big ugly glue marks are left behind.
ANyway.

after a little bit of work this is how things look.
But, as ugly as it seems on the inside, there are some beautiful parts of the outside.

The lovely "rhodies" are in bloom along the front of the house.

And this is my most favorite tree right out front. I have no idea what kind it is, I just know it's so pretty. And Sweet A loves to climb it!

Ah, spring in Oregon is lovely. The blooms are big, and the sunshines (sometimes) even in the rain. Hope your spring day is beautiful.

3 comments:

kristib said...

Good luck with the renovations!

I love springtime, too. The daffodils started springing up here in February and there are calla lilies EVERYWHERE. I love it!

Allison said...

Teaser is right! I want to see more and soon!

Shelby said...

Wow! It's exciting, but I know it is also a lot of work! You guys have great ideas and taste. I am really looking forward to SOMEDAY seeing the end result! We are hoping to be in a home soon, too. We'll have to get together and swap decorating ideas one of these days! I agree . . . Spring here makes the winter bearable! Love the flowers and blossoms.