Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Digs

Hello! Exciting news out west...

We bought a house!!

We had to be out of this "rental" by September, so we were planning on getting into something more permanent this spring. Things just moved ahead of what our intended schedule was. (So much of my life is like that...things happen before I'm quite ready...) ANyway.

It's not glamorous or ginormous. It's a sturdy little house built at the end of the 70s. Translation: nothing "cute" or "charming" here, friends, just lots of wood paneling, dark wood (or plastic?) trim, dark cabinets, rectangular layout. Nice nearly corner lot, overgrown yard. Did I mention a cute little grandma lived there with three dogs? Yeah.

So, we decided that we have a little bit of work to do here before we move in, sometime this summer. All new flooring (tile, laminate, carpet), new appliances (I hope!!) and new paint are musts. Then there's that entryway wall we can't decide about, and all the countertops need to be replaced, and the trim, and doors, and fixtures, and cabinets, and windows... it's hard not to get carried away once we get going. This house is definetly a work in progress!! But it will be super cute when it gets finished. Assuming I have enough moolah to fund all my ideas. And the manpower....

So, that's what I'm going to be up to for the next six months. Refinishing a house, a family vacation, a wedding (my bro!), a triathlon (not me, S!!), moving...

I suppose my crafty projects will have to wait... except for the six baby blankets by July....

2 comments:

Katrina said...

at least you can make all the details to your liking. i dont envy all the work its going to be! good luck! take some good before/after shots for us.

kristib said...

congrats! we're trying to find something down here, but nothing has come up in our range yet...good luck with your renovations!