so. I hate being sick. I have no time for it...really, who does?
Last week I was fighting off a nasty cold, and when the sore throat followed the sinus pressure, I took drastic measures.
Salt and vinegar potato chips. 
Yes, friends. I think they are just about the most disgusting snack food around (mostly because I'm psychologically hypersensitive to vinegar). But, their disgustingness also seems to repel sore throats. No bacteria/virus wants to hang out in a throat that has been smothered with salt and vinegar.
So, here's how you knock those germs away. (you might want to do this alone, so as not to disgust anyone else.)
Get a ginormous soup bowl full of chips.
Breath through your mouth so the vinegar doesn't make you pass out.
Crunch up the chips and make a paste with them in your mouth
Use your tongue to mash the past to the top of your throat and then swallow it down. This ensures maximum coverage to kill germs.
As soon as the chips start to taste good (you don't notice the flavor because your taste buds are fried) you can stop eating.
If your throat still feels nasty, repeat this process again in a few hours.
I know it sounds crazy. But I only had a sore throat for one day. So, next time you're at the grocery store, grab a bag of those nasty chips to keep on hand for a sore throat emergency. You won't be sorry.
Seriously, what do you have to lose? Just a sore throat!!
4 comments:
I don't know that they'd last here more than a week or so. Micah loves them, as does Ethan. I, on the other hand, can only eat them when the mood strikes...or sore throat.
Maybe it's my Scottish tastebuds or maybe Mom ate too much fish and chips (the real kind wrapped in newspaper at a seaside shop) when she was pregnant with me.
Great tip.
i like salt and vinegar chips. but steve hates them and has also been complaining about a sore throat so maybe i'll make him eat them.
I can't say that I dislike Salt and Vinegar chips, but I do hate when you eat too much of them and your tongue no longer has any taste buds on it. I may have to try your remedy next time my throat is feeling a little sore!
oh, the memories . . . you and your stinky chips :)
Post a Comment