Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

Sweet A was so excited for today! She was dressed before she came down the stairs, in the clothes she's been waiting for weeks to wear. She could only eat half her breakfast, and practically skipped down the driveway to meet the bus. She hopped on the bus, the driver waved, and she was gone. I turned back to the house and cried as I walked to the door.

Putting my baby on the bus for school was harder than I thought it would be. I feel like she's so small still to be doing such big things. I suppose I'll feel like this most of her life. The challenge is trusting what I've taught her and trusting her ability to make good decisions for herself, and letting her grow up. (Oh, and letting go!) I don't suppose it gets any easier with each new stage of life. I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow...or maybe next month.

(Yeah, wait for the picture, I couldn't find the camera this morning!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest little nougat ever! I can just picture the scene.

No worries, mom. She's totally a Little Jen. If she is half as much like you in character as in appearance, she will be just fine. Of that I am certain.

I'm not sure how that will pan out in the teenage years though but I have a fair amount of confidence it will only be more of the same.

As for me and my kids, I'm pretty much shot. :)

Jen said...

I know how you feel Jen. I cried and cried when I sent Mylee off. It has been much easier with Owen although I still got a little teary eyed. She'll do great. Good luck with the babe that will be in your home in 2 weeks. Good luck Jen

Shelby said...

I can totally picture her all excited with her eyes shining and all smiles. Hope you are hanging in there! I laughed while reading your Pepsi experience! So true.