We used to practice and practice. We probably still do it the same way our mothers taught. Usually some version about bunny ears crossing or going around a tree or something. Now it's not so much of a big deal because of all the shoes with velcro or slip-on features. So what if you don't know how to tie your shoes before kindergarten. Big deal, you'll get it eventually.
S showed A how it was done. I showed her too. We didn't think much of it, as her new shoes are velcro.
Then she comes out with her old shoes on. They don't have velcro. We asked who tied your shoes?
She replied, "I did. Look, double knots."
Sure enough, double knots and everything. Suprised us.
I'm amazed at what my little girl is capable of, and wonder if anything will be beyond her reach?
(Oh, wait, that would be keeping her clothes and toys off the floor....)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow! we went through much wailing and gnashing of teeth, even tears and bloodshed before ethan learned! way to go alice!!
From the time she was a baby, I've said that she's too smart for my own good. I think over the years that statement will ring truer and truer. (Is truer even a word? I'm developing the language of a toddler. Just make up something to fit, who cares about rules....)
yep....you're doomed for sure!
Yeah, Alice!!!
Post a Comment