For real. Final. History.
I have mixed emotions. Part of me is sooo relieved to have sold it when this is not an especially good market for selling.
Part of me is mad that the new owners want to paint.
I have mixed emotions. Part of me is sooo relieved to have sold it when this is not an especially good market for selling.
Part of me is mad that the new owners want to paint.
(Then I remember that the first thing we did when we moved in was paint. Boy, it needed it too. Maybe I'm irked because when we left we touched up every nail hole we made. (I wonder if they removed the "Find Joy in Every Journey" vinyl decal over the fireplace...)
This is what I loved about our house: It was our first home. The laundry room was red, bright cheerful, deep red.
So was the lower wall in the kitchen. I loved the 13' ceilings and the huge clock and red drapes below. I loved the tile jobs we did in the bathrooms. I loved the walls with faux finishes instead of wallpaper. I loved the backyard with grass and rocks. 
I loved the "man-cave" shed: 12'x20', lights, heater/ac, phone jack, which provided great storage.
I loved the volunteer watermelon that inspired my green thumb. (I got a 40 lb watermelon last year, and assorted 16-20 lb.ers. This pic is the next year-pumpkins and watermelon.)
I discovered I loved the gas stove...and want another! I loved the curvy sidewalk leading to the front walk. I loved the sunlight streaming through the windows in the early morning. I loved my neighbor, and crack-of-dawn jogging and playdates with our kids. I loved the commute for S--under 20 min. to each office. I loved being close to the zoo, aquarium, explora and shopping, yet feeling removed from it all. So many things I loved, so many memories there.
So was the lower wall in the kitchen. I loved the 13' ceilings and the huge clock and red drapes below. I loved the tile jobs we did in the bathrooms. I loved the walls with faux finishes instead of wallpaper. I loved the backyard with grass and rocks. 
I loved the "man-cave" shed: 12'x20', lights, heater/ac, phone jack, which provided great storage.
I loved the volunteer watermelon that inspired my green thumb. (I got a 40 lb watermelon last year, and assorted 16-20 lb.ers. This pic is the next year-pumpkins and watermelon.)
I discovered I loved the gas stove...and want another! I loved the curvy sidewalk leading to the front walk. I loved the sunlight streaming through the windows in the early morning. I loved my neighbor, and crack-of-dawn jogging and playdates with our kids. I loved the commute for S--under 20 min. to each office. I loved being close to the zoo, aquarium, explora and shopping, yet feeling removed from it all. So many things I loved, so many memories there.Safe.
Happy.
Home.
Good-bye little house.
I hope your new family loves you as much as we did.
ps. Here are some more pics...I realized I'm so busy taking pics of the children, I forget to catalogue the backdrop. Photograph your houses now!
I couldn't find a pic of the front...this is just under the eaves and shows what our brick looked like...and the bird nest that we watched this spring...four baby birds hatched. We hope they flew away. We're not sure.
Summer fun on the lawn with our Brown friends.
1 comment:
ah yes....the gas stove. i loved mine in VA and desperately wish there were gas lines available here. of course, i had to warm (no pun intended) to the idea of using something which i, in my less lucid moments, would be more likely blow up my family with as i try to make something like spaghetti. "death by gas and noodles." nice ring to it, don't you think?
Post a Comment