Friday, July 17, 2009

Good Grub

So. I tried out some new recipes for Father's Day. (yeah, this is a little late) They were simply fabulous. We had them as salad, as burritos, as soft tacos and loved every version! I've never had the original Cafe Rio pork salad, but I sure enjoyed the imitation.

So, if you like good food, and don't mind a little effort, this is a fabulous menu. I did have a very large pork roast, and I wish I'd doubled the rice and beans, since they ran out first. I think this could also be fun as a "pot-luck" where everyone brings one of the dishes. Oh, and I substituted Dr.Pepper for the Coke, since we prefer that flavor around here.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I just made it this week for the first time with my sister. I used a pork tenderloin instead of a roast and it worked just as well. Not as big of a hit as with my kids but I sure enjoyed the leftovers!