Since the cinnamon rolls only took one block of cream cheese, I think I'll be making a little of this for dinner. Cream Cheese Italian Chicken. Or whatever name you call it. Since it's so fabulous, easy, and even my kids will (usually) eat it, I'm sharing. (What is it with the recipe love today?)
These are just the *three* versions in my family cookbook. I know there are more out there--at least one to fit your needs. Happy cooking!
Creamy Chicken Bake
6-8 chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
1 (8oz) pkg chive & onion flavored cream cheese
1 (8oz) pkg plain cream cheese
Place raw chicken in 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with dressing.
Combine soup and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 hour (or until chicken is done). Serve over rice.
Cream Cheese Chicken
4-5 bone in, skin on, chicken breasts
1 pkg Italian dressing (zesty is preferred)
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
Milk
In the morning, put chicken (I use frozen breasts and it works fine) in the crock pot on low and sprinkle ½ the pkg of dressing over the chicken. About an hour before you want to eat, take the chicken out and separate the meat from the skin and bones. Remove any excess fat from the juices in the crock pot and place the chicken back in the juices. Add the other half of the dressing packet and cream cheese. Stir in milk to desired consistency. Great over rice or egg noodles. Always a hit!
Italian Chicken
1 (8oz) cream cheese
2 envelopes dry Italian salad dressing mix
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
1 lb chicken
Marinade chicken in 1 cup water and salad dressing mix for 20 minutes. Bring water to boil in marinade and cook chicken. Bring chicken to medium heat and add cream of mushroom soup and softened cream cheese. Warm all the way through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you ever mixed cream cheese with brown sugar? So yummy as a fruit dip. I could eat a whole block.
Post a Comment