So. I may be absent for the rest of the month. I'm just putting out the word ahead of time. Why? (You ask)
We're moving.
Yeah. This time we're not moving across the country, we're just moving across town. (Sometimes I think it'd be easier to move across the country-you know everything has to be packed up tight) No, we haven't bought a house. We're "house-sitting" for a year and a half while a couple in our ward is on a mission. Hopefully this will enable us to get into a house next year. This is a challenge for me, as about half of our stuff will go into storage, since the house is partially furnished, and we're also "downsizing" to 2 bedrooms from 3. So, this week is the sorting of Necessary vs. Storage.
For those of you who know me and my coping with stress mechanisms...I've read four books in the last week and a half and baked two batches of cinnamon rolls. The sewing machine is already packed, so that temptation is removed. Now I have to be serious and get to work....I'll let you know how it turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
good luck! I'll miss you...
p.s. 'These is my Words' by Nancy Turner if you haven't read it already...so good!
Good luck with move. I agree that a local move is MUCH harder than a long distamce move.
good luck, jen! from my experience of living out of a storage unit . . . make sure you get one with 24 hour secure access :)
i will miss you while you're gone - so hurry back to the blog :)
Jen--
I have to laugh because you cope with stress the same way I do. . . reading and cooking (I cant sew. . . )
I wish you all the luck--wish I could be out there to help you. . .
Hurry back to us, and good luck to you.
Once you get done packing, go check out my blog. TAG - you're it!
http://swens.blogspot.com/2008/04/some-random-facts-about-me.html
Post a Comment